DM: The Dragon awakens.
Rogue: Yes, hello! This crafty mage here was trying to abscond with all your gold and I am trying to bring it back to you, which is why I’m the one holding it.
Science has been severely misrepresented by authors. If you want to write about scientific worldviews accurately, here are some tips.
- If a scientist saw something supernatural and could be assured it existed, they wouldn’t scream “that’s impossible!” or try to destroy it because it doesn’t fit their worldview. They would be more likely to say “How interesting. I wonder how this will change my theories. I’d better incorporate it into my worldview.”
- Scientists have morals just like the rest of us. In fact, many people become scientists because they want to help humanity. How is that so hard to understand?
- A whole lot of scientists love nature and want to preserve it.
- Scientists who have helped to create deadly weapons almost always regret it. Politicians who order those weapons to be used don’t.
- Science in general would be attracted to magic, not repulsed by it. A new thing to study with possible new applications to help mankind? How wonderful!
- How well a scientist understands people and gets along socially is up to the individual. They’re not an entire profession of evil, cold robots.
the difference between birds and birbs
You’ve already gotten one checked off for ya! ;D
Starfall Giveaway! Just your basic giveaway here because I’m crazy excited about the festival. There will be several!! prizes!!! Awarded randomly!!
Prize 1, an Arcane Ambassador!
Prize 2, A CURSED PLUSHIE THAT TURNS YOUR DRAGON INTO A FAE
Prize 3, A free magic spell performed by Abraham (he is highly qualified)
A treasure gene scroll of your choice!
Prize 4, An item summoned through a mystical portal using MAGIC CRYSTALS
A gem marketplace apparel or familiar of your choice! (no bundles)
Prize 5, WING DEFORMITY CAUSED BY EXPOSURE TO STARFALL RADIATION
Prize 6, an orphan dragon raised by owls???
Reblog your username and ID to win! You can only win one of the above prizes and they are chosen randomly! HAPPY STARFALL CELEBRATION EVERYBODY! ETA: Winners will be announced sometime in the evening FR time on Wednesday the 24th whenever I am able to put all the names in the RNG! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE
I STEPPED ON A FUCKING LEAF AND AT THE SAME TIME SOME KID SCREAMED I THOUGHT IT WAS THE FUCKIN LEAF OMG
why do we always have to reblog my mistakes
a grimdark rose speedpaint because i wanted to draw something dramatic~
The sun isn’t bright just because I say it is. It just is. It was bright before I even knew the word for bright. I didn’t decide what it is, I acknowledged what it is.
You aren’t worth something just because I say you are. You just are. You were worth something before I even said anything. I didn’t decide that you are, I acknowledged that you are.
This is what I mean when I say “You are worth it.”
This is great.
sometimes we fade away
i think part of the reason why 80’s movies were so great was because they explore the idea of teenagers that have absolutely no where to go or no idea of what to do with their life- and that’s okay.